Wednesday 12 February 2014

Bolt Action - British Airborne - Part 3



I've made a small but important step in the progress of my Bolt Action Brit Paras force... I've cleaned and based the buggers!

Granted, it's taken some time to get to this point, but it now means I can concentrate on the all important paint job and also allows me the opportunity to push them round the table top and get some decent practice games in down at the club... Get ready Baz / Paul / Aaron... ;)


Base wise, there was only ever one option - Rendera

These are both great value and also look the business. I ordered one bag of the 50 x 25mm bases for the individual troopers and one bag of 8 x 50mm bases to use for the weapon teams...



Basing the figures was all pretty straight forward stuff, with the odd bit of milliput here and there to help smooth the joins between figure and base...

The radio operator and his Lieutenant
... A dry run for the LMG weapons teams - I'll paint the minis before basing them...
'Tally Ho!'

I'll  add some further 'decoration' to the bases prior to painting by way of small rocks and debris etc. But otherwise, no excuses now... On with the paint job ;)

Let's end the post with some further images from the Parachute Regiment archives:

C - Company, Arnhem 1944
Sergeant Harry Walker (top left) and friends... 1943
... And Harry at Aldershot in 1994...
The drop over Arnhem...
And re-created as part of the annual remembrance service


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...