Wednesday 1 August 2012

Terrain - City Fight pt.2



Whether it be scratch built or pre-manufactured, it’s fair to say you can never have enough terrain. So when I found these pieces of old skool 40k terrain knocking about I decided they deserved a long overdue build…


First job was to mark up two 1ft. square MDF base boards – I measured an inner boundary of 1 ½" from the edge of the board, within which the wall sections would be placed… 

Terminator Tom has no problems negotiating the gap...
Happy with the fit, I glued the wall sections down with wood glue and added lots of assorted grit - The large white bits are cat litter – I don’t own a moggy but this stuff makes for super cheap basing material...  I used to use dried herbs for basing my minis when I was a kid but that’s another story…


The damaged floor debris in the middle of the boards was made from Warhammer Movement Trays with the addition of a few plasti-card girders for good measure. Both boards were then finished off with a couple of base coats of black primer...



Looking good! I’ll give them a paint job using the ol' spray gun and post up the results…

Cheers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...